- “I’ve spent more time in jail than Darren Wilson”
- Mike Brown memorial caught on fire on the morning of Sept. 23. No witnesses know who started it. Was the fire intentional? (STORIFY) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)
- One of last night’s town hall meetings was canceled. Media and non-residents banned. Ferguson residents call town halls civil. Most Common List of Misconceptions handed out at meeting by city of Ferguson.
- Reporters, non-residents banned from upcoming Ferguson town hall meetings and the DOJ supports this decision
- “Rosenthal said that was nothing racially insensitive about his flier. ‘It’s outrageous that someone would try to read between lines and make something out of nothing,’ he said.” STL Co. cops apologize for flier wording.
- What’s Happening Today: 1. Civil Engagement Training. 1pm-3pm 2. STL Co. Council Meeting. 6pm 3. Ferguson City Council Meeting 7pm-9pm 4. Beyond Ferguson: A Frank Discussion of Race, Policing and the 4th Amendment. 6:15 pm. More info. 5. Looking at Ferguson — An Online Screening and Conversation. 7pm-8:30pm. Online event.
i dont care if certain ppl unfollow me but i have like a top 50 that im like ‘pls don’t go’
who the fuck hears ‘id like this character to be more visibly queer’ and interprets it as ‘id like this character to be a flamboyant stereotype’
i remember one time the simpsons made a joke about fox news and they got so insulted they tried to sue them but the court was like “this aired on ur network u can’t sue urself”
SAM PEPPERS VIDEO IS OFFICIALLY OFF YOUTUBE!
AND HIS CHANNEL IS SUSPENDED!
I think one of the reasons the Harry Potter Epilogue was so poorly received was because the audience was primarily made up of the Millennial generation.
We’ve walked with Harry, Ron and Hermione, through a world that we thought was great but slowly revealed itself to be the opposite. We unpeeled the layers of corruption within the government, we saw cruelty against minorities grow in the past decades, and had media attack us and had teachers tell us that we ‘must not tell lies’. We got angry and frustrated and, like Harry, Ron and Hermione, had to think of a way to fight back. And them winning? That would have been enough to give us hope and leave us satisfied.
But instead. There was skip scene. And suddenly they were all over 30 and happy with their 2.5 children.
And the Millennials were left flailing in the dust.
Because while we recognised and empathised with everything up to that point. But seeing the Golden Trio financially stable and content and married? That was not something our generation could recognise. Because we have no idea if we’re ever going to be able to reach that stage. Not with the world we’re living in right now.
Having Harry, Ron and Hermione stare off into the distance after the battle and wonder about what the future might be would have stuck with us. Hell, have them move into a shitty flat together and try and sort out their lives would have. Have them with screaming nightmares and failed relationships and trying to get jobs in a society that’s falling apart would have. Have them still trying to fix things in that society would have. Because we known Voldemort was just a symptom of the disease of prejudice the Wizarding World.
But don’t push us off with an ‘all was well’. In a world about magic, JK Rowling finally broke our suspension of disbelief by having them all hit middle-class and middle-age contentment and expecting a fanbase of teenagers to accept it.
Also. Since when was ‘don’t worry kids, you’re going to turn out just like your parents’ ever a happy ending? Does our generation even recognise marriage and money and jobs as the fulfillment of life anymore? Does our generation even recognise the Epilogue’s Golden Trio anymore?
NIGERIAN COOK SURVIVES 3 DAYS IN AIR POCKET OF A SUNKEN SHIP
Odjegba Okene was the only survivor in a crew of 12 when a tugboat capsized in 2013. Divers were stunned to find him alive. He still has nightmares and vows never to go near sea again. The cook survived on only one bottle of coke and prayers. He had given up hope by the time the divers arrived.(Source) (Video)
This touched my heart
ok but hear me out- what about a lightning bolt scar that looked like real lightning?
#before the films came out this is what i thought it looked like #like his scar doesnt even look like a scar in the films or offish illustrations it looks like a scratch #i think its cool to imagine his scar being very conspicuous and deep idk (via parmachkai)
I love this, the way it looks like his head was split open and then healed back jagged and wrong. Reminds me of how there’s a little bit of Voldemort’s soul hiding within that scar.
Also yeah, the movie scar just looks like a weird little ‘N’ scratched over his eyebrow. IT BUGGED ME SO MUCH
Head cannon accepted.
There are more people with eating disorders than there are with green eyes
You have more chance of surviving certain cancers than you do an eating disorder
Eating disorders have the highest mortality rate out of any psychiatric illness, largely due to heart failure or suicide
Now tell me it’s a lifestyle choice, a diet, “just a phase”.
And these deaths don’t only happen to thin people
They can happen to ANYONE with an eating disorder